FOB CANAM, Inc.’s mission is to help improve educational, health, and economic conditions for the residents of Barron, Sinaloa, Mexico, a town of 2,000 people located twenty minutes south of Mazatlan. Friends of Barron (FOB, also known as FOB CANAM AC) has been working in Barron for ten years and the needs of the schools and the community continue to grow. We are always in need of financial support for the many projects we have listed below. Please note: 100% of the money that is raised goes directly to our projects. There are no administration fees – the foundation is totally run by volunteers.
- FOB CANAM, Inc. provides scholarships to students that are looking to continue their high school or university education. We are always looking for sponsors for these individual applicants.
- FOB CANAM, Inc. donates computers and schools supplies to each of the five schools in Barron. We are working to bring Internet connectivity to the High School.
- FOB CANAM, Inc. also provides free dental clinics for kindergarten and primary school students and provides a one week medical doctor health clinic for community members in need.
- FOB CANAM, Inc. provides micro-loans to local women who are looking to start their own business and become self-sufficient members of society.
- FOB CANAM, Inc. also provides 50% of the financial resources that the schools identify for their infrastructure projects. The other 50% is provided by the schools. For example, we are now building two classrooms for the new high school. These two projects will cost $160,000 pesos.
As you can see, we are very busy. Each of these projects requires money. If you are interested in supporting the students and families of Barron, please go to CrowdRise.com/friends_of_barron and make a donation.